The Speleological Society of Manitoba is a completely volunteer run organization that is made up of a diverse mix of people who come together to enjoy outdoor activities. Besides caving itself we engage in activities that facilitate caving such as hiking, canoeing and camping.
Besides being eligible to participate in trips and workshops, members also receive copies of Speleonews, our newsletter.
We thoroughly enjoy the Manitoba wilderness, and caving is just another excuse we have to pay it a visit.
Becoming a Member
Membership is open to all interested persons who:
- Are willing to abide by the guidelines of the Society's objectives:
- To promote safe recreational caving in Manitoba.
- To protect Manitoba's caves and their natural contents.
- To foster an awareness of and appreciation for Manitoba's speleological features.
- To advance by any and all means the study and science of speleology in Manitoba.
- Submit the yearly membership fee.
- Regular: $25.00
- Student: $15.00
- Family: $40.00 (2 Adults and their children under 18)
Membership fees shall be directed toward:
- Administrative costs, supplies and equipment,
- Honorariums for speakers at seminars,
- Subsidies as designated by the membership on a majority vote,
- Expeditions, research and field costs.
Conduct detrimental to the objectives of the Society shall be reason for termination of membership without refund.
To join/renew immediately fill in the form below. Alternatively you can fill out a copy of our membership form and bring it along with your membership dues to your first meeting/trip. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
* Once the payment has gone through we will contact you to confirm your details.